WADESON, Charles Anthony (1825-1895) — London
Lithographer and printer. Produced a plan of the parish of St. John Hampstead 1873.
Born 17 Oct 1825 and baptised 28 Dec 1832 at St. Giles Cripplegate in London, Wadeson was the son of Charles Anthony Wadeson and his wife Mary Pearce. Apprenticed (Stationers) 12 Jan 1841 to James Basire 4 (see BME 2011), recorded as the son of the late Charles Anthony Wadeson, schoolmaster, of 24 Beech Street, Barbican, London. His mother was also a teacher. He married Jemima Higby (1826-1895), the daughter of a tanner, at Christ Church, St. George in the East, 22 Jul 1849. By 1851 he was working as a lithographic printer. He was involved in bankruptcy proceedings in 1868, at that time described as a map mounter, lithographer, and engraver. He eventually became a full-time map-mounter. He died on 23 Feb 1895, just nine days after his wife Jemima. He is buried at Norwood Cemetery. His death and that of his wife were announced in The Stage 7 Mar 1895, revealing that their youngest daughters, Blanche and Nellie, now known as Blanche and Nellie La Rose, were popular touring actresses in repertory theatre.
Beech Street, Barbican — 1841
11 Arthur Street, St. Giles — 1851
14 Oval, Kennington — 1861
100 St. Martin’s Lane — 1868
14 Elliott Road, Brixton — 1871
10 Finchley Road, Newington — 1881-1895
BNA. Census 1841-1891. LG.